free website stats program Last shot on this one..03 RKC | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Last shot on this one..03 RKC

And finally. :D
Yep, a hole in the hose. 2nd one in 3 yrs. But also, I lifted the assembly partially to see how big this leak was that I missed. I turned it on to pressurized the system. A 6ft heavy stream shot out. Went to longhorn harley, open today. They hooked me up. Great service, good folk.

The plastic bracket that holds the regulator had given out and the seal had ballooned, so to speak. Thus another way out for the fuel.

She's back together, she runs like a dream. First run in 6 weeks..

New hose (and clamps, I got the tool). New regulator bracket, screws, gaskets etc. Spare voltage regulator and cps. I'll sit on those for a while. Oh, the new hose is shorter, shouldn't be a rubbing issue.

I'll wait a week to see if she's stayin home or moving on.

Thanks y'all. I really needed this today.
glad you got it figured out 2003 road kings are great bikes much better than what you would purchase on todays market

I have been following this thread but don't have fi myself
A second pair of eyes with a different perspective often sees the obvious that we have missed

Brian

Yep, she's a keeper. And another great part of the story....my son helped me reassemble. Life is good

My next thread. If I keep the scoot, I'll need suggestions on her (wife)comfort?

To be cont on another thread. I'm going riding.

Excellent news! Glad you got it figured out. I really dont want to hear the day when you say you got rid of her.....
If that unfortunate scenario should unfold, I would be interested in your CPK and voltage reg.....

Just for future reference........this is the fuel regulator installed before(attached). Notice the O ring or seal that "herniated". The black plastic bracket that was holding it in, broke at the tab, allowing the fuel pressure to escape at the weak point. That fuel shot out 6-8 ft through that point.regulator O ring seal.jpg

( i think i attached it right)

162 miles and shes doing good

Glad she's back on the road & good on you for sticking with it :D

And yes, the wife defiantly sounds like a keeper !! :s Lets get her in the diagnostic process sooner next time :rofl

Glad it's up and running. Keep her and love her. If you are looking for a reason to trade her in for an upgrade look for possible addons. Sounds to me like you have a lot of blood, sweat, and beers poured into that bike.

Yep, she's a keeper. And another great part of the story....my son helped me reassemble. Life is good

My next thread. If I keep the scoot, I'll need suggestions on her (wife)comfort?

To be cont on another thread. I'm going riding.

Hey Amish, glad you and your family got your RK on the road again. Thanks for posting as you went along the troubleshooting process. Good learning experience. Ride safe.
WAP.gif

Back