free website stats program Larger headlight for my BoB | Harley Davidson Forums

Larger headlight for my BoB

Sunnysideup

I would like to replace my small headlight on my SB to something larger both for cosmetic and safety reasons. Seems I have heard people using Fat Boy headlights but I am not positive. Any ideas or suggestions?

I would like to replace my small headlight on my SB to something larger both for cosmetic and safety reasons. Seems I have heard people using Fat Boy headlights but I am not positive. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm sure that where there is a will there is a way, but sometimes bigger is not always better, or brighter. Have you checked out the "DayMaker" headlights from HD? Don't know is they offer one for your bike but if they do they are much brighter. And last but not least even though they are pricy you might check out HeadWinds. They have some really trick headlights.

Think I have seen the "DayMaker" on a Road Glide in the Captial City HD in Tallahassee. The amount of light (dual headlights as you are well aware of) was pretty amazing even inside the store. I'll take a look.

I did check out HD DayMaker in Dothan a couple of days ago. Really bright! Saleman says the expanded nighttime view is a vast improvement. Whether this is true or not, I do not know.

Headwinds - they do have a 7" internal guts for sale I saw. Not cheap at all. Didn't get the $ amount on the HD unit yet.

The HD unit for my RG is not cheap either, but I did see one on the road with the DayMaker and it was head and shoulders above my stock lights. On my '94 Heritage the stock light was a sealed beam, and at one of the bike events I found a vendor selling a replacement set up that allowed the use of an H-4 halogen bulb. It gives off more light but not near as much as the DayMaker.

Have you thought about passing lamps? They light up both sides of the road at night time, back when my low beam burned out on my 92 bagger I drove her home with the passing lamps only and barely missed the low beam

Have you thought about passing lamps? They light up both sides of the road at night time, back when my low beam burned out on my 92 bagger I drove her home with the passing lamps only and barely missed the low beam

Actually I considered it, just trying to keep the bob as stripped down and clean as possible. With that said, I did see a rig once that looked clean.

I put one those extra bright___ taillights on. I really like it. Can be easily seen day or night. My riding buddy likes it too. Says it wakes him up quick when I brake.

Back