free website stats program L'Anse aux Meadows | Harley Davidson Forums

L'Anse aux Meadows

Emu1400

Over 1000 years ago at L'Anse aux Meadows, the Norse set up an all inclusive Island resort village ... But the timeshare concept hadn't been invented back then and the Vikings abandoned their digs and left them to become dilapidated, ravaged by the elements and time itself. ... Fortunately Canada saw this place as a real fixer upper.

Well, the Vikings sailed to get where they got ... They were in the wind 1000 years ago. This summer it is my intention to arrive via "in the wind" at L'Anse aux Meadows and stand where they stood so many years ago. To not only see the recreation of their "condos" ... but the remains of the actual structures ... To stand and gaze upon where true adventure thrived on virgin land to European eyes at the time.

L'Anse aux Meadows is not a destination, but rather a waypoint of interest on the journey. I say this because the remnants of the Viking settlement stand as testament to the adventurous people who journeyed an unknown ocean. One cannot have a destination without the journey ... and when by motorcycle, the journey always being the better part. To momentarily dismount my Ultra and stand where they stood, to contemplate a 1000 year void between then and now ... most definitely will add to the enjoyment of the better part.

Here's to sunny skies, warm temps and fair winds on your journey.:cheers

I've read and seen pictures of it and would like to see it in person one day.

Back