laminar lip for roadking wind screen

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Hooter, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Hooter

Hooter Member

has anybody got any info on the product "Laminar lip for windscreen on roadking" as seen on e bay. this is a product sold in liverpool in england. it is supposed to stop buffeting of screen. i am very tall and the standard screen is too short. any thoughts???

2. Buckeye1951

Buckeye1951 New Member

I just installed a MRA x-creen, which in principle does the same thing and is adjustable. I have only riden 100 miles or so since installing it, it did help however I am still adjusting the angle and height for the best setting.

3. Hooter

Hooter Member

that sounds a better deal. i like the idea of adjustment as that was the bit i was worried about. noticed on ebay that he has mostly sold item to bmw riders and non to harley owners so i would be the lab rat. thanks

4. btsom

btsom Active Member

Don't know anything about that add-on. What size is your current windshield? Harley makes at least 3 sizes (height) all measured from the top of the headlight cutout, 17", 19" and 21" if I remember correctly. Aftermarket manufacturers may make an even taller version and that might eliminate having the second layer of plastic in front of you.

5. Hooter

Hooter Member

my screen is 18" and HD do sell a 21" screen which is a big improvement but still short for my height and very very expensive in englands HD dealerships. i will wait for somebody to sell one on ebay or aftermarket shop maybe.:x:x