free website stats program Lake Superior 360 deg. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lake Superior 360 deg.

In Thunder Bay 1,000 in, Great Weather, What a great ride.
Flat tire at the end of the first day.
Got to go, Back soon!!!!!

be carfull in minnesota on hwy 61. they are doing construction and when I went through the rains and cars put pot holes everywhere and about 6" to 12" deep. the speed limit signs say 45 but I had to walk the bike. be safe and have fun

be carfull in minnesota on hwy 61. they are doing construction and when I went through the rains and cars put pot holes everywhere and about 6" to 12" deep. the speed limit signs say 45 but I had to walk the bike. be safe and have fun

Thanks for that info, I have to travel 61 to Pine City to see my Great Grand Son:s

Day five in Houghton MI. No rain yet, pretty lucky. Have not uploaded any pics yet but we have hundreds and some video of running the Tunnel of Trees.

The Tunnel of Trees is a beautiful ride. I have a friend that lives outside of Harbor Springs and each year we ride ToT. The over view of the lake is nice and the curves are great, and some expensive home to oggle but watch that road.
Ken

The Tunnel of Trees is a beautiful ride. I have a friend that lives outside of Harbor Springs and each year we ride ToT. The over view of the lake is nice and the curves are great, and some expensive home to oggle but watch that road.
Ken

We did the ToT on the way up, and we want to go again on the way down if the rain does not hold us up too long this morning. We ran it at about 7:00 pm and there was no traffic except one deer in the middle of the road. Yes, it is pooring out right now, for a while.

:newsmile077:

Did you check out the restaurant at the very top end of the ToT. It is filled with carved wood and has a great view over the bay. A very cool place.

All in all, this "Circle Tour" as it is called of lake Superior, is a fantastic ride with very well maintained roads, and great towns. We want to come back up this fall and bring some fishing poles.

I have never done the ToT. its on my list along with Sleeping Bears National Lakeshore. stay safe!
Marcus

If you ever ride in the MI UP, County Road H58 from Munising to Grand Marais is a MUST RIDE. It is not even listed in the riders guide. It has just been repaved and was considered by all of us to be better than the ToT. All the bends are perfect, no slowing down, no shifting, and no traffic.

Home safe today. 2000 miles and one hour in the rain today, not bad

I forgot to mention.. This is for Jack, to ease the pain a little.
On our second stop, I left my camera in the hotel room. I had to call and have it mailed back home, and yes I got ribbed the whole trip.

:small3d029:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever ride in the MI UP, County Road H58 from Munising to Grand Marais is a MUST RIDE. It is not even listed in the riders guide. It has just been repaved and was considered by all of us to be better than the ToT. All the bends are perfect, no slowing down, no shifting, and no traffic.

On our second stop, I left my camera in the hotel room. I had to call and have it mailed back home, and yes I got ribbed the whole trip.

Thanks Dr Evil, I don't feel so bad now:p

glad to hear you made it home. H58 is an amazing road. im glad you had a good trip. pictures please!

I finally have some pictures to post and some video but I am not sure the file size rules.

Attachments

• P7160106.JPG
    P7160106.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P7150064.JPG
    P7150064.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P7160107.JPG
    P7160107.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 16
  • P7160111.JPG
    P7160111.JPG