free website stats program lady Riders | Harley Davidson Forums

lady Riders

mongy

Account Removed
ok just a thought into the air so to speak on a topic we were discussing recently to try and get your opinions. Just thought of it when i saw some of the pics posted by whitewheels. This year ,compared to previous rallies, saw a huge decrease in both lady riders and passengers. In fact there was a grand total of 3 actual ladies out of almost 1000 riding their own hogs which surprised all of us. It was also noted by some gys from the clubs in spain at their rallies. Are the girls losing interest in bikes?

must be location. I have never before in my life seen so many woman riders. At the rallies, at the bars, and on the road. Talking to one of the local dealers here in Dallas he said that woman are almost even with men in the purchase of bikes, also have a friend who runs a motorcycle learning course, and over half the participents are woman.

on a personal side, bought the GF a bike 2 years ago, several months later 3 of her friends purchased bikes......

again, maybe it has alot to do with location

I would have to agree about the location. I live in West PA and the number of woman I see riding is growing. I love it. My sister got a bike 4 years ago and she puts more miles on than many of the guys I've known for decades!

I agree the numbers are growing. On average at least 1/3 of all students taking the Basic Rider Course at the range I work at in NH are women.

Well its good to know the interest isn't going down. now just need it to spread to the other side of the pool! :newsmile011:

Lots of ladies are riding here in MN. I see more and more everyday. It's nice to see:bigsmiley14::bigsmiley14::bigsmiley14:.

We just got back from Durango, CO and I was amazed at how many women riders I saw out there. When I took my rider-ed course, there were 12 in the class - 8 were women.It also seems to me there are alot of "older" women starting riding.( I started when I was 60)The woman I sold my Rebel250 to just turned 49.She had just finished the course. I think our numbers are growing.

Back