Laconia Trip

Discussion in 'North East' started by ramprat, May 5, 2011.

1. ramprat

ramprat Member

Myself and a buddy are riding to Laconia on the 17th of June and coming back on the 19th. We rented a cabin for the weekend. Will be leaving early friday morning of the 17th. We will be leaving from Monmouth County. Anybody interested in riding along with us get in touch.

2. IBA Harley

IBA Harley Active Member

Not sure if you've been to Laconia before... PACK WARM CLOTHES & RAIN GEAR. Even in June, New Hampshire is cold & wet. EVERY time I've gone to Laconia it has rained. And, when the sun goes down in the White Mountains... Brrrrrrrrrrr.

3. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

IBA is right! Last night I think it snowed up there!

4. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

AMEN to that. That's why you see so many trailers there. The bike isn't able to carry all the clothes you ( really your old lady, but don't tell her I said that) need.:s

Seriously bring rain gear and some warm clothes also something for heat. It can go either way, sometimes on the same day. One year I rode around Squam Lake and hit a downpour so bad even cars were pulling off the road. Just a few miles away in Weirs Beach it was 90+ degrees and sunny.

5. saintNH

saintNH Member

I live in laconia. No question about it. Every year it WILL rain during bike week, but you get to the point where you just gotta learn to love it. I don't bother with rain gear. You know you are gonna get soaked, just deal with it and have a blast!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  6. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

My wife and I rode up on Wednesday with a group from Honey Dew Donuts in Wakefield. It was only a day trip, but the weather couldn't have been better. Weirs Blvd. was very crowded with both people and bikes. It was a great day.

The weather for this year's rally turned out to be better than expected, in fact, Saturday was a bit on the hot side.