free website stats program Laced Spokes to 13 Spoke Mag Wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Laced Spokes to 13 Spoke Mag Wheel

NCBILL

Finally found a 13 spoke front mag wheel for my Sporty. Already had the brake rotor and near new HD 401-19 mounted on it, for $200.00. Had to drive an hour and a half to pick it up, but it was worth it, to me. I keep a tire plug kit and foot pump in my toss-over saddlebags to be able to fix a flat on the go, without needing to call for a tow from HD or someone else. It was off an 04 model and fits perfect on my 06.
Now, I can have one less worry when out for a nice ride. :)

It is always good when you buy a used part from another year bike and it fits and works as there is always the worry that something changed over a few years of development and the part does not fit correctly
Here in the UK I have AA relay service that covers me for whatever vehicle I am in for a tow to my destination or nearest repair centre twice I have required recovery for a puncture first time was late at night and I got trailered to destination second time during the day I was touring the coast of England and Wales and had not yet got out of Scotland put bike on centre stand dropped front wheel off AA guy took me to a tyre repair place tyre fixed I paid the bill for the repair and back to the bike wheel on and get to first camp site a wee bit later than planned
That one was July 1982 last time I had a puncture on a bike regular maintenance and replacing tyres and tubes regularly may help however that bike had the front replaced twice a year and the rear about 4 times
Replaced the rear in North Wales on that trip as it had done it's 3500 miles by that time

Brian

It is always good when you buy a used part from another year bike and it fits and works as there is always the worry that something changed over a few years of development and the part does not fit correctly
Here in the UK I have AA relay service that covers me for whatever vehicle I am in for a tow to my destination or nearest repair centre twice I have required recovery for a puncture first time was late at night and I got trailered to destination second time during the day I was touring the coast of England and Wales and had not yet got out of Scotland put bike on centre stand dropped front wheel off AA guy took me to a tyre repair place tyre fixed I paid the bill for the repair and back to the bike wheel on and get to first camp site a wee bit later than planned
That one was July 1982 last time I had a puncture on a bike regular maintenance and replacing tyres and tubes regularly may help however that bike had the front replaced twice a year and the rear about 4 times
Replaced the rear in North Wales on that trip as it had done it's 3500 miles by that time

Brian

3,500 miles is all you get from a rear tire normally? I was under the impression that most roads in the UK were maintained in good fashion. Average rear tire mileage for me is right around 9,000-10,000 miles. I'll soon need a new rear tire and will be going with a P165/50R-16 car tire, which should give me roughly 35,000 miles of service. It's a performance radial tire. I generally balance all my tires with "Dyna-Beads", 3 ounces in the rear tire and 2 ounces in the front.

At that time I was riding a moto guzzi le mans II with Pirelli phantom tyres which at that time was the best sport tyre on the market as the bike did 145 mph out of the crate once it had the larger carbs and the high lift cam it was fast and at that time a sticky tyre wore out fast
Bike came with Pirelli Gordon tyres fitted only rated for 120 mph I went into a slight curve at 130 and the bike started to weave so fitted the better tyre after that
Brake pads also needed changing with the tyres but bike did stop and hold the road in most conditions
I was young and lived for the moment at that time

Brian

Back