free website stats program Kyle & Amanda Franklin | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kyle & Amanda Franklin

Sad dealand I'm adding prayers/wishes for their healing & recovery. Seen them at one of the many Air Shows we have at annual AF open house events. Great show! Hope they can take to the air again someday.

My thoughts and prayers are with this couple. I also pray for strength to get throough the coming days. May God give them peace.

Thank you all. That's what I want, as many prayers and positive thoughts we can get for them.

And Steve, you are absolutely correct, they loved what they did. Ironically, Amanda did a local interview that week and when the reporter asked her if she worried about the risks, she basically said that 'we know there is danger and risk involved, but it's what we love and what we do'.

That was proven when Matt and Amanda Younkin and Kyle Franklin carried on in the air show industry after watching their fathers die doing what they loved.

Thank you all for the prayers and support. Amanda was scheduled for another surgery today, and I did read that some of her skin grafts were being rejected.

On a side note, I think this hits me close to home knowing that in over 20 years of working with hot air balloons, my husband and I have always said if something should ever go wrong, we just don't want to hurt another person. If we had an accident & I got hurt or he got hurt, we just can only just imagine how it would affect the other. (The one without serious injury). And just so you know, refueling a balloon is the most dangerous part of our flight....we are transferring liquid propane which can be set off with static electricity. :s

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Just a quick update, Amanda has been battling infections. They have had her in surgery every day for the last 3 days to clean her wounds. They hope that they can let her rest on Sunday, but early next week she will be back in surgery. This has been the first mention that she may not make it through, but she is young and strong and she has a lot of people praying for her. She has lost most of her fingers, I think she has the thumb on her left hand now. Kyle is hanging tough and updating on their Facebook page. (Very considerate of him with all that is on his mind these days). They will have a very long road to recovery for both of them to learn to live their lives under the new conditions.

Kyle has asked that if anyone knows of any treatments at all to treat burn victims, to please forward them to him. Here is a post he made about info.

Thank you all for the medical suggestions and keep them coming. I am printing all of this out to give to Amanda's doctors. You never know, if their techniques don't work, you all might find something that could save her life. I have everything from maggot debridement therapy to hyperbaric treatment. All seem like great ideas to me, anything to give her a better chance at surviving this.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Unfortunately, the doctor's are in agreement that right now, there is not much more they can do, however, they are looking at the possible treatments that would be the best for her in the future. If you know anything at all about burns, please forward the info to me & I will get it to Kyle.

One last thing, here is a link to airshowstuff.com that is offering a promotional DVD, all proceeds go to one of the Kyle & Amanda Franklin funds. It's only $20 if you are interested.

Thanks, and keep them in your prayers, they have a long road ahead of them. :s

After 76 days of Amanda fighting for her life, her body finally gave in. Her kidneys and liver are shutting down and she is no longer fighting the infections. Yesterday, Kyle and their families made the terrible choice to change her care to comfort care. This morning, shortly after 8 am, Amanda was removed from life support.

As of yet, I haven't heard anything else, but I am keeping my phone close by. I will pass the word on when I hear something, but please remember the Franklin and Younkin families in your prayers. I hope to see Kyle in the air soon.

Maybe Jim Franklin or Bobby Younkin needs a wing walker. :(

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Thoughts and prayers with Kyle and Amanda, their family and friends. Their high flying daring and spirit will be remembered...

149848_120468374682591_117571851638910_147333_7422151_n.jpg

This picture of Amanda was a favorite of Kyle's perched in his cockpit...

222244_157556884307073_117571851638910_379497_4407105_n.jpg

Just got a post from FB...Amanda passed about 15 minutes ago, with immediate family present...

Just got a post from FB...Amanda passed about 15 minutes ago, with immediate family present...

Thanks NHD, I got the message last night, but I was already out for the night. Such a rough way to go for the Franklin's and the Younkin's.

Back