free website stats program Kuryakyn .... | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn ....

dogdad

I bought a Kuryakyn Ultra tour bag for my road king. First thing i noticed is that the velcro strap that fits around the sissy bar only connects at about 2 inches of material. You would think that they would supply enough strap on that bag to fit more securely around my wide sissy bar pad........and yes I know there are tie down rings all over the bag. Does anyone have a type of bag that there is enough material to wrap around harley's wide pad on their sissy bar? To me its useless if the velcro strap can't be uses efficiently. I might as well just go buy a regular piece of luggage and tie it down.
I called the company to see if they would send out an extra piece of material to have sewn on and they said.....Nope,,won't do it.

I have this bag on my Ultra and it has performed flawlessly for me. That 2" of velcro will hold a lot, and with the various tie downs, it should work fine.

How wide is your pad? They advertise it is good for a pad 11" wide.

I have the Kuryakyn Full Dresser bag on my bike with an 11" backrest and it has 7" of velcro overlap.I put an old stocking mask over the backrest to keep the bag and velcro from rubbing the backrest.I still use a couple of straps to tie it down.2" of overlap with tiedowns should be plenty if you're happy with the bag.

Back