free website stats program Kuryakyn Tune Trapper Hidden Antenna ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn Tune Trapper Hidden Antenna ?

kptoy13

Has any used this antenna on there bike ? If so how good does it work ( do you get all fm am and weather band)? Thinking about purchasing and getting rid of exterior antenna?

Depends on your location whether you get good or bad reception. I use a hidden antenna inside my fairing that works well for me but I also use a XM radio most of the time so AM FM receptionis not an issue with me.

I have it inside the fairing and it works great, I live in New Jersey and don't have a problem with recepetion.

Harley Dave

I put the Tune Trapper in the fairing a couple weeks ago and it works well. Some loss of range but not much. I tried a $8 Walmart stubby before that and it worked OK too.
I take off the pizza box when I'm not on a trip so wanted to eliminate the hassle with the antenna.
Has anyone come up with a good way to cover/remove/hide the antenna mount on the Tour Pak now that I don't need it?

I put the Tune Trapper in the fairing a couple weeks ago and it works well. Some loss of range but not much. I tried a $8 Walmart stubby before that and it worked OK too.
I take off the pizza box when I'm not on a trip so wanted to eliminate the hassle with the antenna.
Has anyone come up with a good way to cover/remove/hide the antenna mount on the Tour Pak now that I don't need it?

I thought about several different options when I put a detachable tour pack on my FLHX. Ordered the pack from Zanotti's and, of course, it came with the antenna mount already on it since HD wants you to pony up for the antenna relocation kit. I had already moved my antenna into the fairing. I decided to screw a stubby antenna onto the mount for cosmetic purposes only. Felt like that would look better than some kind of cap or risking harm to the tour pack while trying to eliminate the antenna mount.

I use a generic $20 "T" type antenna from one of the auto parts stores. Sticky taped to the inside of the outer fairing. I can get about 25 miles away from my favorite station, weather band works ok. I have tried several ways to cover the antenna mount holes in the t.p. I went to H.Depot and Lowes and looked through there hardware bins. I got some chrome plugs in the approx. sizes, looked ok. I got some clear plastic star shaped "bezels" used for mounting bathroom mirrors, kinda tacky. Got 2 antique brass mirror bezels
(lots of different styles) and some 6x brass screws, that's what I'm using now, they look ok but don't stick out. I stuck the bezels on a piece of masking tape, then trimmed with a razor to protect t.p. paint.

Been "lurking" just joined, nice site.
Breeze3at

Back