Kuryakyn Scareb Air Cleaner

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Wrangler, May 17, 2010.

1. Wrangler

Wrangler Member

Seen a few folks running a similar set-up that I have with similar problems I was having so thought I would pass this on as a possible money saver and fix.

Few weeks back I put Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggerred Black, Fuel Pak and the K&N Air Filter kit RK-3909 on my 2007 Street Bob wanting to keep the stock look. But with this setup I was experiencing some major back fire, drag and hesitation until the bike got warmed up. Usually within the first 30 minutes. Backfire never went away and was ridiculous. Sounded like a 50 cal. going off.:p

Had a couple friends that suggested a Super Sucker or something similar to get more air. Cost for everything would have been between $250 to $300 to make this change and I would have wasted what I already invested.

But I seen this Scareb cover by Kuryakyn with grilled openings. Basically shaped just like my stock cover. See the attached link.

Kryakyn - Harley - Scarabâ„¢ Air Cleaner Covers

Ebay had it for $64. So due to money being tight I gave it a shot. Man what a difference. Drag and hesitation are gone. Very low backfire only on decel in 4th.

Just thought I would pass that on. Take it easy.....Laterz
  2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

good looking & economical and it works. way to go'''''''

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Glad it worked out for you and looks trick as well...

4. rick1062

rick1062 Active Member

Great to see an affordable option that looks good and works too.