free website stats program Kuryakyn Mini Boards | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn Mini Boards

cedarbrook63

Anyone put mini boards on their Sportster? I'd like to change from the stock pegs and these look pretty comfortable but I don't know if they would look right on the sporty and I don't know what they feel like.
Mind you, if I like something and it feels good - I'll go for it on the basis of "I like it and it's my ride so...":D

Any opinions or comments would be very welcome.

Keep in mind I am older, I have always seen a Sporty as a peg bike not boards.
After all it is called a Sporty.

Maybe not so much older than you think Smitty :s. But yeah, that's my big reservation. I may just go for some aftermarket nice pegs but I'm still mulling it over.

By mini boards, do you mean the Iso-Wings? I remember reading in a past post from Hobbit that they are comfortable on long journeys, I presume that it's because they cut the wind somewhat.

I was thinking of installing them on my Sporty but then decided to go for the Sweptwings as they seem more in keeping with the Sporty, being more discrete.

Anyone put mini boards on their Sportster? I'd like to change from the stock pegs and these look pretty comfortable but I don't know if they would look right on the sporty and I don't know what they feel like.
Mind you, if I like something and it feels good - I'll go for it on the basis of "I like it and it's my ride so...":D

Any opinions or comments would be very welcome.

Kuryakyn ISO mini wings are great...they are small enough not to foul your maneuvering when at gas stops or when your passenger has "ichy feet". while having the surface area about the size of your hand...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/members/n...r_clutch_replaced_everything_still_works.html
I am also thinking of replacing my Kuryakyn passenger pegs with ISO Wings as well, so her feet will rest slightly more rearward, giving my mid position ISO Wings more foot room flexibility for me, but at the same time provide better support for her feet as well.

TQ has pictures of his on a thread once I find it, as well as some pix of mine tomorrow when it is daylight.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Great info and I'm looking forward to seeing your pix NHD74F.
Clearly you didn't find the look too "Un-Sporty" then. I'm still riding solo rigged so I'm just talking about a pair. My lady is not so keen on the pillion prospect :( but I'm working on it all the time :D
Speaking of looking unsporty - I'd seen a post about engine bars making sportys look silly as if they were trying to be "big bikes" but I put them on mine anyway and I think they look great! I'm Stage 1-ing it soon (well "I'M" is an exaggeration - an HD friend of mine is going to be leading the way :D and I'm going to climb the learning curve). Once that's done I'll change the pegs and post some pix.

CB63 Here are some recent pictures of my Sporty...

KuryakinMiniWings.jpg

SaddleView.jpg

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

Last edited:
Hey NHD74F,

Now that's a classy looking ride and I like the iso wings on it.
I've decided to get a pair and see how they go :). Forgive my ignorance but I see you have highway pegs on your engine bars - do they work well with the seating position with stock handlebars if your bike is NOT a 883C coz that sounds like it could be hard on your lower back??

Ride safe and thanks for posting the pics :D

Hey NHD74F,

Now that's a classy looking ride and I like the iso wings on it.
I've decided to get a pair and see how they go :). Forgive my ignorance but I see you have highway pegs on your engine bars - do they work well with the seating position with stock handlebars if your bike is NOT a 883C coz that sounds like it could be hard on your lower back??

Ride safe and thanks for posting the pics :D

Thanks...funny you should ask, I normally have lower back problems from an old snow skiing injury, but when I ride motorcycles (both Metric & Harley), never experienced back pain. Really can't explain why. Originally I unfolded the highway pegs and used them whenever I rode the super slab i.e. HWY101 here in California; but this last 900 mile ride I went on, I decided to try the Lindby bar rubber footrests way up top, my right leg wrapped over the aircleaner and man, what a comfortable ride.:p If you are on a very straight and smooth road highway pegs are really nice expecially if forward controls do not allow your legs to be more or less straight to prevent or alleviate cramping if on long hot rides!

Before, I was thinking of removing them and putting on some fog light or accessory...no more!

Last edited:
Funny you should ask, I normally have lower back problems from an old snow skiing injury, but when I rode motorcycles (both Metric & Harley), never experienced back pain. Originally I unfolded the highway pegs and used them when I rode the super slab i.e. HWY101; but this last 900 mile ride I went on, I decided to try the Lindby bar rubber footrests way up top, my right leg wrapped over the aircleaner and man, what a comfortable ride (IF you are on a very straight and long highway like 101 when I was going up North...)! :p

Before, I was thinking of removing them and putting on some fog light or accessory...no more!

Nice touch - with my Fehling bars - if I tried that I think I'd have to take up yoga. As this is my first HD, I'm really not used to the feet forward position so I'll stick with the iso wings for a while when I get them and graduate up in due course!:D

Id really like to get a set of these for mine...but just for the passenger...where would be a good place to get them?

Back