free website stats program Kuryakyn footboard extensions | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn footboard extensions

atm33

These extensions by Kuryakyn put the boards around 1" out and 1" forward. They run around $80, which is a little too high IMO, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Seems like a small amount of movement, but it feels much better than stock if you are tall like me. I also have extended shifter and brake pedal which help the comfort factor. I've attached a picture of the before and after on the brake side. Installation took only around 15 or 20 minutes.

Attachments

• kury extns.jpg
    kury extns.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 34
  • right ext.png
    right ext.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 40
Wonder if you experience more easily of touching down while cornering??

I was worried about that too. So far, even when taking fairly tight turns, no scraping. Not sure how close it is though... If it ever happens, it will wake me up for sure :).

I was worried about that too. So far, even when taking fairly tight turns, no scraping. Not sure how close it is though... If it ever happens, it will wake me up for sure :).

Do the boards still pivot??

Because of the 1" forward move, it is harder to drag the board than in the stock location. The move forward also moves what normally would drag forward causing you to have to lean further to drag them. They can still be dragged but a little more lean is required. :D

Last edited:
Interesting point. Had to think about it for a minute :s, but it makes sense.

The only thing I'm not sure of now is if I can install lower fairings now due to the boards and extended pedals being more forward. Had considered it, but will have to do a little more research.

Ha. Spoke too soon... As I was riding today, I scraped a board. Was a tight turn in which I had to lean pretty far, and the road was angled, so I'm not surprised. Thought it was funny though that I had just posted I hadn't scraped them since installing the extensions. Jinxed myself.

I dont have hard lowers so I cant help. The guy that made my board extension brackets has some sort of way you had to alter the hard lowers on the later models. Mine were made by a guy here in the states and is a different product all together.

Back