free website stats program Kuryakyn foot pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn foot pegs

PaulWhite

I just finished up a trip to Daytona and back From New Jersey. The highway pigs that I have attached to my engine guard are a little on the narrow side. after about 500 miles I realized that they are too skinny to be comfortable. it seems like all the weight is centered on the arch of my foot. It makes for an uncomfortable footrest. I seen the Kuryakyn Swithblade pegs (p/n 4445) at the Kuryakyn tent while in Daytona and thought the the flip out heel rest would be a better choice because of having the added heel rest when flipped out. If anyone has these I would be greatful for your thoughts one these, good or bad. Thanks

My neighbor has similiar kuryakin pegs with heel rest on his '93 STS. He has made a number of trips from Pitt., PA area to Myrtle and Daytona before moving south to NC. He loves 'em.

Placing the highway pegs in such a way that you can put your heels on the floorboards and toes on the pegs give a third and very comfortable position regardless of what type of pegs you use. Especially for shorter guys like me.

Mine need to be out a little more than close to the floor boards, I'm 6"1". I think they will work, they look a lot more comfortable than the ones I have one there right now. Thanks for the inputs.

I cant handle pegs of any type for more than a hour, have to have floorboards. Just getting old I guess

DFB...try using the ISO MiniWings that TQ discussed earlier as forwards,

Or as mids like I have used, comfortable, but does not interfere with slow speed maneuvers when riding two-up

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

I have the Swingwing pegs for the front and Sweptwing pegs for the back on my ride. Sorta like a mini-board when folded and a nice cruise position when extended, look good too.

I swichted to the switchblade type about a year ago after seeing them on a buddys bike. I'm 6'2" and after running with the smaller pegs similar to yours, I found that I had to exert myself because my feet would slide off after awhile, especially at high speeds. With the swithblades I found that my feet didn't slide out as easily and stopped at the ends but I could'nt utilize the heel portion of the pegs w/o having the same problem as before. What I did was tilt them back a bit and now they seem to work for me in the manner that I expected.

I have the Kuryakyn Iso pegs with the stirrups for a heel rest. Works great for me, & I like the look on the bike. :)

Back