kuryakn air cleaner 01 sportster?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by willy52, Jul 18, 2011.

1. willy52

willy52 New Member

hey new to website was hoping someone could tell me if this would fit my application
    i have a 2001 sportster with stock carb i like this air cleaner was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would work thanks

Kuryakyn chrome HIGH FLOW air filter kit for 99-11 Twin Cam harley models with CV carb,or Delphi F.I., except 08-11 touring models.Kit comes with all hardware,bolts,screws,and breather tubes

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

No, Sporsters are not Twin Cam motors, but keep looking Kuryakan surely makes pne for a Sporster:s

3. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

If you go to the Kuryakyn website, there is a filter on the top of the page where you can input your bike make, model, submodel, and year. The parts listed should fit.

4. willy52

willy52 New Member

okay thanks for the info

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

K├╝ryakyn makes nice looking, unique replacement parts. Underneath that a/c housing is likely a K&N filter element. Also, make sure you keep the paperwork so replacement parts 5 or 10 years from now will be easily found. New is good, but the quality durability and design also will make finding replacement part numbers years later. :s

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

One Note: I'd stay away from the "HyperCharger" style - good looks, but performance isn't worth the "Hype." SE Heavy Breather would be my choice...whenever I get another Sporty.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

I agree there.:s

Harley Davidson Community

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I am only 5' 6" and even with my "S&S" teardrop with K&N element inside, when sitting forward it touches my knee...but it works well, so I live with it (besides it looks so "classic").

[​IMG]

Heavy breather with the aircleaner far away from the right knee is best, if I had to do it all over again...JMHO. But clearly $300-$400 is a lot to pay for a new aircleaner.

9. jock.p

jock.p Member

Here's another vote for the heavy breather.Really well made!