free website stats program Knock from the tranny? | Harley Davidson Forums

Knock from the tranny?

fdrdr1

1991 FXR - I have been experiencing a knock from where I thought was coming from the primary. Knocks when backing off the throttle, when I throttle up or pull in the clutch the knock disappears. Pulled the outer/inner primary to check and find nothing unusual - thought maybe the comp nut or clutch nut were loose. So now I am thinking maybe it is coming from the tranny although the bike shifts/runs great - maybe a bad bearing in there.
45k on her - any ideas? Thanks

1991 FXR - I have been experiencing a knock from where I thought was coming from the primary. Knocks when backing off the throttle, when I throttle up or pull in the clutch the knock disappears. Pulled the outer/inner primary to check and find nothing unusual - thought maybe the comp nut or clutch nut were loose. So now I am thinking maybe it is coming from the tranny although the bike shifts/runs great - maybe a bad bearing in there.
45k on her - any ideas? Thanks

I would start by checking every engine mounting bolt on it. When the front motor mount gets really soft or the bolt comes loose it will clunk when you let off the throttle.

Geno

Back