free website stats program Knife sharpener | Harley Davidson Forums

Knife sharpener

Hill202

Contributor
I picked up a DMT knife sharpening system today. It's an alignment tool and diamond stones. It works! The best edge I have ever been able to get on a knife! It cost me around 45.00 but now I have a drawer full of very sharp knives. My everyday carry knife is razor sharp now. If your looking for a good sharpening system try this one.

well from the time I was around 14 (im 50 now) I have been trying everything on the block from stones, to ceramic crock sticks to clamps on the blades to work with the stones to machines you name it I tried it up until about 7 yrs ago.

Thats when I found the perfect tool for a shaving sharp razor edge. Know what it is?? A good old diamond impregnated butcher steel, It came with a set of Chicago cutlery knives I bought.

In all of about 10 seconds my blades are so sharp you can just run the knife down your arm and all of the hair falls right off LOL My friends even have that look of holy cow in their face and tell me all the stuff they use to sharpen and just can't get it that sharp.

Its cheap and works and its done quick. I won't use nothing but for the rest of my life. I should of known if butchers and meat cutters are still using this way of sharpening knives today there must be something to it. Now I know.

Case pocket knives are the hardest to sharpen for me. I can swipe the blade up and down a stone for hours and not get it sharp. I know its all about being consistant with the angle. I used to know an old man that could take any knife and sharpen it to a razors edge in just a few minutes. He never used a fancy gizmo like the one I just bought. Some just have a knack for it I guess.

Back