free website stats program Knee Pads for the Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Knee Pads for the Road King

Wow!!! To intentionally drop your bike to figure out where to apply the carpet??? He has probably scratched the bars worse with the carpet than if the bike actually did fall over while doing slow speed turns. And did he say something about stupid???? Maybe he should not ride a 2 wheeler for it seems his lack of confidence is going to be his worst enemy.....:small3d023:

I saw this thread yesterday and couldn't believe what I was seeing...Not wanting to be the first one to say what you all are thinking I kept my comments to myself...Today is a new day so..This guy isn't quite there and I agree he should find something else to do..LOL...

Here's how it turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELjCZFnwd0

Screws loose? Yeah, there are some in there I'm sure.

Just wanted to push my riding skills a little bit and didn't want to scrape up the highway bars if the bike went down. I've heard of all kinds of other options people have done for the same thing. Radiator hoses, garden hoses, clear vinyl hose, etc. And yes, others have done the carpet and duct tape thing. I'm probably the only one who did lime green though. It's a question of style. Well, that and what happens to be on the shelf at the time... ;)

no, not a single scratch. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear no scratches :s

The friction zone and a little rear brake are key to slow speed maneuvering.

Practice going as slow as you can in a straight line using that method also.

Many safe rides to ya!

My comment to having a screw loose was in reference to him dropping the bike. Protecting the crash bars is actually a pretty good idea.

Back