free website stats program Klockwerks windshield for RG | Harley Davidson Forums

Klockwerks windshield for RG

Rubbit

I am looking at putting the Klockwerks 8 inch windshield on my 09 RG when it arrives. Im 5.8 and wondered if anybody else has it and what you think, especially on the interstate. Is there much buffeting or windnoise at helmet level. I like the looks of it and seems it would be better than the H-D sport screen. Thanks

Im going to have the seat modified to lower and narrow the seat about an inch or so. I have not ridden a RG but have one on order. I have ridden my buddies 08 SG and like it but felt cramped or closed in on by the batwing plus i love the way the sharknose looks. I just would like to make the front a little sportier looking with a lower windshield, and you are right, i like to look over the windshield not thru it. Thanks

Cool. Thanks for the advice. My 08 fat bob with the drag bars after about 5 hours of riding even with windshield did start to wear on me, so the RG is definitely going to be mor comfortable. I ended up riding with the windshield on the Fat Bob almost all the time and bags on it and realized i should have got a touring bike to begin with. Thanks again Smitty

I have the 12" Klockwerks windshield on my RG & I love it IMO , it is better than the 2 HD windshields (stock & 9") I have collecting dust . The stock windshield is awful it has bifocal vision on the top & the side show all images curving to the center . The Klockwerks 12" seem to work for me it deflects the wind over my head & around my hands very well IMO.

ironmark, how tall are you? im 5.8 and thats why im looking at the shorter one plus lowering the seat height.

ironmark, how tall are you? im 5.8 and thats why im looking at the shorter one plus lowering the seat height.

I am 5.10 & I look about 3 to 4" above the 12" KW windshield but it blocks the same amount of wind as the stock RG windshield IMO

I am 5.10 & I look about 3 to 4" above the 12" KW windshield but it blocks the same amount of wind as the stock RG windshield IMO

I looked at the 12 inch clearview and like the look of it. I just rented a RG for the weekend a the top of the windshield is right in my line of sight. I have to bendd my head down just a little to look through it which i dont like. but i can not sit high enough to comfortably see over it. So you are able to see over it with no problem?

Back