free website stats program Klock Werks windshield | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Klock Werks windshield

I sent Clearview an email and they said you could place a order and try it out on your bike. As long as you don't take the protected plastic off you can send it back for refund minus shipping or try a different height. Sounds like a good deal trying it out.
They also said with my height 6'2" they would recommend our 9.5" with the recurve. This would be for the 09 SG.

Kenny...

Again, I would mess around with some cardboard before actually ordering anything. Their return policy is very generous but their lead/delivery time was like 4 to 6 weeks I think when I ordered mine so you don't want to waste several months messing around. Get it right the first time and enjoy it quicker!

I tried doing the cardboard thing, started raining and i had bits of wet cardboard all over me and the bike, Ill stick with a regular windshield from now on,:laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Daytona and JP Cycles was generous enough to let me try the Klock Werks 6 1/2 shield. Well its not for me, little or no improvement. Keep in mind I am 6' 2" riding 09 SG, stock seat, so it will be different according to you height and type of seat you are using.
The 500 mi. ride home was very nice except for the wind buffeting. This bike really shows out on the interstate, what a ride.....

I know that this is an old thread but I found some new information and was wondering if any body knows about it, or has experience with it. Klock Werks has indicated that they have 3.5 inch recurve windshield. Most complaints I have seen are from tall riders. I am short and I am wondering if the 3.5 would reduce the amount of turbulence. Just trying to keep my glasses from bouncing around. The 6.5 inch just looks a little tall. Don't want to sacrifice function over looks (too much). Any body have any real world experience with the 3.5"?

There is an article in Hot Bike (Feb 2009) that talks about the KW windshields. Mostly on a RG, but they did mention the offerings for a SG. The main item I got from the article...their shields do not direct all the air above the rider, but creates less turbulent air w/ little buffeting, even if the wind is directed right in the face/helmet. Again, two different bikes for sure, but just sharing what I read.

Hafe fun and ride safe!

I have the 6.5" klockwerks, it's a little better than stock but you still get the wind. I put a sundowner seat on and that made a bigger difference due to the lower seat height.

I'm 5'11" and am putting a Mustang two part seat on my SG. I'm thinking about the 6.5" Klock Werks. I'd like to cut out a cardboard piece. Can someone please measure how high off the fairing the windshield goes. I'd like to see how high this would come up and make sure I can still see over it. As mentioned previously in this thread one companies 15" may be anothers 17".

Thanks for your help.

Mine's the 6 1/2 inch dark grey with upper recurve.

I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam and it definitely moved the majority of the buffeting above my head, still a little but not much, well worth the money for the amount of improvement!
I saw several of these on some Glides at the MB rally. I talked to three of the owners and they all said they really work so I went to a local shop and bought the 6 1/2" tinted. It really does cut way down on the turbulence. Aweful pricey though! List is $169.00.

I saw several of these on some Glides at the MB rally. I talked to three of the owners and they all said they really work so I went to a local shop and bought the 6 1/2" tinted. It really does cut way down on the turbulence. Aweful pricey though! List is $169.00.

Clearview's website shows 6 1/2 inch tinted for $99 plus shipping. What kind did you get?

Back