Klock Werks windshield

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hntwrobin, Oct 3, 2008.

1. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

Just put a Klock Weerks windshield on the SG seems to have cut down on the wind in the forehead for me. I'm about 5'10" and the stock shield had the wind right about the middle of my forehead!:D

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I put a Clearview with the recurve on mine and got the same results. The stock shield is definitely just for looks!

3. RottMan

RottMan Member

Post a pic when you can! I was looking at that shield too. I am also 5'10" and the wind buffets right at my forehead. :s

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  4. Dr. Dolittle

Here's a few of the clearview/recurve:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the greatest photos but gives you an idea.

5. RottMan

RottMan Member

Thanks for posting the pics! Do they offer that shield in any different heights and levels of tint?

6. Dr. Dolittle

7. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

Haven't had a chance to get a picture of the bike yet! WORK :( gotta pay for the new toy. When I get out today I'll get some pics and work on posting them. If you google Klock Werks or look it up on ebay you will see some good pictures of this windshield. I bought mine on ebay and saved some money off what it would have cost directly from Klock Werks:D

8. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

Hey Dr, what size is yours?
    I'm about 5'10" too!

9. Dr. Dolittle

Mine's the 6 1/2 inch dark grey with upper recurve.

I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam and it definitely moved the majority of the buffeting above my head, still a little but not much, well worth the money for the amount of improvement!

10. larryb

larryb Member

I have a 12" KW on my 09 Serg, and it definitely creates a void in the wind, now with the right seat I can get into that void. the 110ci creates the needed speed