free website stats program klock werks windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

klock werks windshield

Very nice pics! What tint version is the shield? Any of the buffeting/wind problems others talking about? As far as functional- any less wind than a regular 8" shield?

Went with the "Dark Smoke" tint b/c I wanted to have some visibility through the shield, but they also have "Light Smoke" & "Black." No buffeting at all w/my height (5'11") & I also wear a full face helmet & I feel there's less wind w/the KW. This WS has a nice sleek design & good curve at the top/sides to channel the wind around your body. I think it's one of the best on the market & KW WS was recognized in Bagger magazine as one of the best innovative products. You won't be disappointed...

I like the way it looks, will have to put that on my list.

If you're interested, my "barely used" 6.5" Klock Werks windshield's available. Only had it on the bike for ~30 miles. Send me a message & we can work the details.:newsmile082:

I have the 6.5 KW and really like the look and ride. I am however intrested in any input on the 8.5, especially those about 5'11",stock seat height,half helmet. I can feel a little buffeting with the 6.5, but not bad. Wind seems to hit at the top of the helmet now,instead of the middle of the forehead with the stock windshield. Anyone have experience otherwise,any suggestions. Are you doing anything else to block wind. Like the pics of the 8.5 . Still has a sleak look.

I have the 6.5 KW and really like the look and ride. I am however intrested in any input on the 8.5, especially those about 5'11",stock seat height,half helmet. I can feel a little buffeting with the 6.5, but not bad. Wind seems to hit at the top of the helmet now,instead of the middle of the forehead with the stock windshield. Anyone have experience otherwise,any suggestions. Are you doing anything else to block wind. Like the pics of the 8.5 . Still has a sleak look.

After having both KW shields (6.5" & 8.5") & similar conditions (5'11", stock seat, full-face helmet) the added 2" might not seem like much in style, but it definitely has increased wind deflection over your head. You're correct w/the 6.5" hitting @ top of helmet & the 8.5" angles wind right over your head. I can actually put my hand on top of helmet & catch wind at the fingertips. Hope this helps...

Back