free website stats program klock werks slip on didn't fit ?????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

klock werks slip on didn't fit ??????

I would send the buyer a message on ebay, if you do not get a response turn it over to paypal. I hope you went through Paypal. They will get your money back. I would not even consider a product that I had to dent to make it fit or modify my shocks!!!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding....at the Dr. again. The retailer was very responsive to the problem. He called Drag Specialties and Klock Werks. Drag knew about the fitmet issue and said it was doughtful they could be made to fit. Klock didn't get back to him yet. The retailer offered to refund my money including the shipping. They were shipped today back to the vendor today.
Hauler, they didn't fit with no air in the rear shocks. When they were inflated it got worse. I could pull the muffler away from the wheel/axle and they didn'thit anything but release hand pressure and they contacted the axle end. Your are right in the sound. I heard them on an 04 Road King before I ordered them Sorry it didn't work out.

Now I have to look for a set that will work and sound good.
Thanks
Tracker

I bought the same pipes for my 2011 Road Glide and ran into the same issue. After scratching the black paint off the one pipe, I called Klock Werks and they described the procedure: while the clamp and the two nuts on the hanger are still loose, turn out the pipe a slight bit. Then tighten the clamp, then the hanger. Clears the axle by about 1/4 inch. I did the same with the left side to make them match. I attempted to attach a photo.

I used black stove paint to fix the scratch which is hidden anyway. Sound fantastic!

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
The Road Glide and Street Glide set about 1 inch lower than the other touring Harleys. Makes them have the low rider look Soooooo... the clearance is different. My riding buddy has an 09 Street Glide and the mufflers would have fit his bike. We measured with the bikes side by side.
I probably could have made them fit with some fiddling and modification to the bike, but you shouldn't have to make a new part fit a new bike. Just didn't seem right.
You are right in the sound is great. I love the way they sounded on a road King.
Any way they have been returned to the retailer and I have ordered some V&H from a local retailer. They should be in a day or so.
Tracker

Back