free website stats program klock werks slip on didn't fit ?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

klock werks slip on didn't fit ??????

Tracker

I bought a set of Klock Werks "Super Saver" slip on mufflers from a mail order business thru e-bay. The mufflers are advertised on the business web site to fit my 2010 Ultra, BUT...there is no relief dent in the sides of them to clear the axle bolt...so they don't fit. Anybody have any problems like this ?
I just opened the carton and tried the install today. I called and left a voice mail at Klock Werks and at the mail order business but of course they were closed on Saturday. Any thoughts?
Tracker

Hope you saved all the original packing materials because if it were me, they'd be going back. If their web site specifically said they would fit your bike, I'd hold their feet to the fire and get a full refund.

By the way, if you bought them on Ebay I don't see how you can hold Klockwerks responsible for this. It's between you and the Ebay business.

Sorry to hear about your troubles-- You state you bought them off of E-bay from an individual correct? JMO - the only thing Klock Werks could offer is Tech advise. If they wont work on your scoot , you would have to get in touch with the EB seller and work it out.

I bought them from a Motorcycle supply store in St Joseph Mi through E-bay. They have a web site advertising lots of brand name supplies. Their web site description for the mufflers is a link to Klock Werks web site. They both say the mufflers fit a 95-2010 FLH (except FLHX -FJHRX) Hope there was some mistake in the shipping cause they don't fit. It would take a big hammer to make a relief dent large ennough to clear the axle bolt/nut. The part number is KW02-01-0009C. They are a 4" straight cut with a rolled end.
I have seen and heard these mufflers on a 04 Road King, and they look and sound great.
Do other aftermarket mufflers for the 09-2010 wider swing arm touring bikes have the same sort of relief dent in the muffler body?

The part number is KW02-01-0009C. They are a 4" straight cut with a rolled end.

Hey Tracker --- Just want to verify the PN you listed here. Is it K W 02 ( zero two or the letter o ? )-01-0009C I went to the KW website and punched it in both ways - zero two & letter o two - and it came up " did not match any products???

Just installed them on 06 flhtci last week with simular problem. I actually dented them with a palpeen hammer and they fit well after. A small dent was all it needed and I was able to pull outward while tightening bracket and it held fine. When you sit on bike the clearance gets even further. Bounced it up and down and it never made contact. KW probably doesn't make pipes with indentions. Make sure if you do this, lay muffler on pad or towels an make a layer over dent area with padding as not to damage crome. Just a suggestion. Someone else with reinharts had same issue.

Are you sure they hit? I put them on my '06 road king a couple months ago. First thing I noticed was no relief for the shocks. I tried them anyway. They are close but dont hit. I love the sound. They are even better with the dresser duals installed.They were a lot more difficult to get on the new head pipes though. Needs an EFI controller. Lots of decel pop.

Back