free website stats program King Tour Pack Questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

King Tour Pack Questions

They push the rear speakers as true surround sound,the only time they are is when you are stopped. Somehow 70mph winds can do that

DR no speakers on mine I am 40-50% hearing lose and can still hear radio fine and so can my wife. Unless music is really a big thing for you IMO speakers on tourpack not needed

They push the rear speakers as true surround sound,the only time they are is when you are stopped. Somehow 70mph winds can do that

Exactly what I was thinking - I wouldn't add them to a tour pack if they weren't there but I certainly wouldn't disconnect them on an Ultra!

Hmmm...I dunno... I have the enhanced audio high output sound system with the amp tucked under the tourpack and I can hear it fine (when my wife's butt isn't blocking the speakers.) So can everyone for 2 lanes in either direction. :D Sure makes it nice when you're parked for a break and still want to listen to the tunes.

Dude, bite the bullet and get the ultra. Then you can listen to 4 speakers tooling around town and on the highway listen through the headset while talking to your significant other, chatting with other riders on the CB, and catching weather alerts at the same time. You know you want to!

I just completed exactly what you described. 2008 Street Glide Crimson Red Sunglo 2up tour pack with premium rack. I ordered the comfort stitch back rest and added rear speakers.
Back rest 52395-03
lock 53194-07
tour pack 53270-08coz
mount 53276-04
rack 53665-87
docking kit 53804-06
speaker kit 77155-06
antenna reloc. 76326-00a
speaker wiring harness 70169-06

And a Big Bill

Dude, bite the bullet and get the ultra. Then you can listen to 4 speakers tooling around town and on the highway listen through the headset while talking to your significant other, chatting with other riders on the CB, and catching weather alerts at the same time. You know you want to!

I wish it were that simple - darn thing called a checkbook keeps sticking its nose into my decisions!

Exactly what I was thinking - I wouldn't add them to a tour pack if they weren't there but I certainly wouldn't disconnect them on an Ultra!

I like mine, I set the fader so the rear are slightly louder and I have no problems hearing them. I thought once before you were thinking of a under the helmet solution so you could hear the tunes better. Rear speakers would take care of it. :)

I thought once before you were thinking of a under the helmet solution so you could hear the tunes better. Rear speakers would take care of it. :)

Yeah, I'm not real crazy about the helmet speakers for listening to the tunes. Those speakers aren't the highest on the fidelity ratings. They are OK for the bluetooth connection to the cell phone and for the intercom or CB but music loses a LOT.

I like mine, I set the fader so the rear are slightly louder and I have no problems hearing them. I thought once before you were thinking of a under the helmet solution so you could hear the tunes better. Rear speakers would take care of it. :)

Wasn't me - in fact I ordered the J&M speakers to replace my stock ones - just haven't gotten around to swapping them yet.

Back