free website stats program Kilometer Speedometer Face Plate | Harley Davidson Forums

Kilometer Speedometer Face Plate

Ranger63

Hi Guys
A buddy of mine has a 2005 Ultra Classic. He bought it in the USA, but we live in Canada. The bike is in mph, and my buddy wants to convert the speedo into kilometers.... does anybody know where he could get a different face plate for the speedometer that he could change over from mph to kph ?
Thanks for the help :)

Even if you managed to change the face plate the mileometer and the trip meter would still be reading miles
when we go on to the mainland of europe i just do a conversion in my head as to what speed im doing as continental speed limits are similar to the uk ones its just the numbers that are different

Brian

Steve07 and I both have American bikes and I know that I have no problem with doing the conversions in my head. Shouldn't be to hard to figure, if your going faster then the traffic you are most likely speeding.
kemo

modern HD's swap at the push of a button on the speedo to swap miles to KM's but the speedo remoains as is

Ok so me and my bikes are old - but we do understand each other :s

Brian

Harley sent me a speedo for a customer one time and the face plate read in mph but the speedo was calibrated in Kilometers, I call tech service and shipped it over night it to them, they have the equipment to re-calibrate speedo's and they shipped it back over night and it worked great. But for all the work of changing face plate & re-calibrating it be a lot easier to just order a new speedo and install.

Try this guy, he did my speedo and tach with custom pictures plus put all the qriginal harley stuff back on, so I am sure he could change your speedo to metric. He charges $25.00
Webslinger

I shipped my bike from the USA to here in the UAE. put a little sticker, like from a CD burner lable, with the key speed limits written on it. Left it on for a few weeks and now I know 120 KPH is about 78 MPH and so on. Also when I'm in the group I let someone else lead.

Back