6 servings

Ingredients
Meat Mixture:

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 teaspoons dry mustard
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 cube beef bouillon, crumbled (or powdered beef base)
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Gravy:

1 whole onion, halved and thinly sliced (or diced if you prefer)
2 cups beef broth, more if needed for thinning
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon seasoning sauce, such as Kitchen Bouquet, optional
4 dashes Worcestershire
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in beef stock or water
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Knead until all combined. Form into 4 to 6 oval patties, and then make lines across the patties to give them a "steak" appearance.

Fry the patties in a skillet with the butter and oil over medium-high heat on both sides until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from the skillet and pour off any excess grease.

For the gravy: Reduce the heat to medium and add in the sliced onions. Stir and cook until golden brown and somewhat soft, for several minutes. Add the beef stock, ketchup, seasoning sauce, if using, and the Worcestershire. Then combine the cornstarch with a little beef broth and add to the sauce if using. Stir and cook to reduce.

Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and more broth if needed for thinning. Then return the patties to the gravy. Spoon the gravy over the top and let them simmer and heat back up for a couple of minutes.
I made this along with Gator508's tomatoes au gratin and Iceman24's scalloped potatoes. You talk about GOOD! I took some to a friend whose wife was away on a vacation and he loved it all. Thanks guys!:newsmile048:

2 bottles of Teriyaki
1/2 chopped onion
1 tblspn minced garlic
12 oz of crushed pineapple in juice
Marinade in mixture 3 to 20 hours depending on the cut of meat and how old the deer was, or weather he was dinning on pine needles.
Grill over HOT charcoals, not too long, venison dries out FAST.

This is perfectly awesome! I pounded the venison prior to marinating and then skewered it with red and green bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and raw yellow squash. I basted it with a little bacon grease while cooking quickly.

Mississippi Roast

Made this yesterday for the first time, so easy and good.

4-5 lb. tender chuck roast (I suppose you could use just about any cut)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
1 pkg. McCormick's Au Jus dry mix
1 stick of butter
5 or more Peperoncinis

Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray
Place the roast in the pot
Sprinkle the roast with the ranch and au jus mix
place the stick of butter on top of the roast
place peperoncinis on top of and around the roast
cover and cook on low for 7-8 hrs

Our crockpot is hotter than most so I cooked it 6 hrs. and just kept it warm
Do not add any water the roast will produce enough liquid to get everything into solution.
I basted the roast with the liquid occasionally during cooking.

I would think additional vegetables, potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, could also be added about halfway through cooking, but since this was the first time I followed the recipe.

Enjoy!:D

So the weather is warming up and that means grilling season is here...so
slice up some zucchini, yellow squash, and your favorite sausage, around here it's Conecuh. Sprinkle on some garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little Italian dressing. Put it in a slotted skillet that can take the temperature of your gas grill on medium high, I have one with a removable handle made for this. Cook until the sausage is done and the veggies are al dente. Perfect side dish!;)

Back