free website stats program Kids touching while folks stand by? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kids touching while folks stand by?

Kids are kids and parents should know enough to ask first. More than happy to show the little tykes around if it's ok with parents as long as they ask first.

I watched an adult get fried on the exhaust once and basically just laughed at him. Was some idiot in shorts and flip flops at the beach who wanted to sit on the bike. I walked out after lunch and he was sitting on the curb with a nasty burn, said very calmly, bet ya think twice before sitting on a bike that is not yours right. Laughed a bit and road away.

In 92 I purchased a new FLHS. rode to work one day and parked it out front as usual. I was returning from a test drive and saw a young, probably 4 years old boy sitting on my bike with I assume his dad next to him. I said to the dad it wasnt a good idea for the boy to be sitting on the bike without the owner present. The dad said it would be O K, wow I laid into him, he had no clue it was my bike and no respect. I dont mind just ask, and if the bike is hot lets wait til it cools down, Jack

Had a guy at the local Wal-Mart just as I got off my bike jump on my bike shouting "WOW this is nice....aaaahhhh". He hit the exhaust and put a burn on his calf about the size of a hockey puck. He started whining and complaining...I just looked at him and said thats what you get for touching what is not yours.

Ive never caught anyone touching or climbing on my bike however i have had children looking at the bikes and with their parents consent held them as they sat on the bike and made vroom vroom noises
when my children were young they would always ask before climbing on to the bike

Brian

My neihbors kid was in my garage one day drawing on the gas tank of my sportster with a crayon! I walked out on accident and cought him in the act. I actually beat the twarp back to his front door in a foot race so I could tear into his dad. His dad yelled at him, the kid cried, then the dad said "Its ok baby, Mr Adams wont yell at you again"
Now, how in the world will this kid learn if that his dad tells him things will be ok and I wont yell at him again? (This all happeded about 4 years ago.)

The neighbor boy is now 11 years old. This past weekend I looked over and he was using the roof and hood of His Dad's corvette as a sliding board. I told him if he sprayed his dads car down with pledge, he would slide faster!
HeHeHe
Boy did I hear alot of screaming about an hour later!

My neihbors kid was in my garage one day drawing on the gas tank of my sportster with a crayon! I walked out on accident and cought him in the act. I actually beat the twarp back to his front door in a foot race so I could tear into his dad. His dad yelled at him, the kid cried, then the dad said "Its ok baby, Mr Adams wont yell at you again"
Now, how in the world will this kid learn if that his dad tells him things will be ok and I wont yell at him again? (This all happeded about 4 years ago.)

The neighbor boy is now 11 years old. This past weekend I looked over and he was using the roof and hood of His Dad's corvette as a sliding board. I told him if he sprayed his dads car down with pledge, he would slide faster!
HeHeHe
Boy did I hear alot of screaming about an hour later!

You got to love pay backs I love it LOL

Back