Kicker

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by dlingle61, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dlingle61

dlingle61 Member

How come when I kickstart my softail there always seems to be a bunch of guys watching? D-D :newsmile108:

2. shovelrider

shovelrider Member

Most guys haven,t been riding long enough to know what a kickstarter is.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.:D

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

If one leg is shorter than the other you have been a kicker:D

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My shovelhead starts on the first kick when there is no one around, on the second if there's less than 5 watching. If more than 10 are out there, I go back inside, cuz it ain't gonna fire :bigsmiley30:

5. Gator454

Gator454 Active Member

My 1948 pan head put me through the rafters in the garage and only the dog was looking!

6. wildey

wildey Active Member

Back when I was a kid I knew a few people that had harleys and also torn tendons from kickstarting them. I remember them saying something about if you didn't have it in the right position it was bad news?

I never had a kick started, all my bikes were jap bikes back then with electric start

7. blademan

blademan Active Member

Amen Brother

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Ditto...they're probably scratching their heads wondering what you are doing...;)

9. dlingle61

dlingle61 Member

Yes I have to agree if knowone is around it does start right up and when others are watching it seems to want to (EDIT) with ya

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Although its been a while since i had a kick start bike my 75 bonnie was a 2 kick start every time but had to adgust points regularly to keep it like that once converted to electronic ignition 3 - 4 kicks to start
    British army had armstrong motorcycles in the 80s fitted with a rotax 500cc single cylinder engine lots of torque but the kicker was on the left side of the bike a real bear to start

Brian