free website stats program khrome werks slip-ons for fat bob | Harley Davidson Forums

khrome werks slip-ons for fat bob

sneyers

Anybody have the new Khrome Werks slipons for their Fat Bob? If so how are they for fit, finish ,and sound?

Just purchased and installed a set of Khrome Werks slipons. Fit & finish was excellent, installation took only minutes, sound was not only better than I expected, but to my ear at least, the best I've heard. I'm very happy, and would highly recommend these to anyone. Their low price was icing on the cake.

Just new here today. I had on 05 1200 sportster with SE II's - loved em...bought an 06 lowrider fuel inj and could not get the II's anymore....so went with these as a suggestion from dealer.....very very happy with them...look great - the 3 inch pipe, nice finish, and best of all, great sound....very deep and throaty. Buddy drove my bike and I followed, I was very happy. The SE 11's I took baffles out and they were a little louder, but were also more tinny, these have a deeper rumble - I highly recommend them ! Good luck.

Just purchased and installed a set of Khrome Werks slipons. Fit & finish was excellent, installation took only minutes, sound was not only better than I expected, but to my ear at least, the best I've heard. I'm very happy, and would highly recommend these to anyone. Their low price was icing on the cake.
Hey Pekay, Bought the Khrome Werks pipes for my Fat Bob. Ditto what you said.

O.K. Are you also installing a new air clearner with the new slip-ons? I've read that you can't just add new pipes without adjusting the air and fuel. I'm I wrong on this?

O.K. Are you also installing a new air clearner with the new slip-ons? I've read that you can't just add new pipes without adjusting the air and fuel. I'm I wrong on this?

Yes, sort of. It depends on the pipes. I called the folks at khrome werks before installing the slip-ons. They say that if you just add the mufflers you do not have to add the new air cleaner or fuel management. The stock ECM adjusts to the small differences just fine. Took their advice and my bike runs great and sounds great and all I did was add the pipes. If you ask the dealer they will say you have to do both........ imagine that. My local service writer actually admitted you can just put on the pipes by themselves. He said try it and if it runs o.k. than don't worry about it. Otherwise, bring it in and he'll be happy to do the ac and actually for just the stage 1 and air cleaner the factory download works just as well. In fact the dyna has a factory race download you can have installed in this case. Sounds interesting. Good luck.

That looks awesome. Keeping the same look but more Harley sound. Can't ask for any more. I love the look of the stock pipes. Keeping the look but getting better sound is what I wanted to do. I apprecicate the pic. Keep safe and thanks for your commets. If you won't mind. Can I get the stock number to those pipes so I make sure I get the same looking ones.

Back