free website stats program Key west? | Harley Davidson Forums

Key west?

eng23ine

Hi folks, the GF and I have a trip coming up that is ending in Key West for 3 days.

What and where are the happening places down there?

This is our first trip there so any info would be appreciated.

We will be traveling from NC to Jacksonville(family), St. Augustine, Port Charlotte(friends), Naples(family), and finally to Key West.:cheers

St Augustine is a neat little town a lot of nice places to eat if your into history st Augustine has a lot of cool history. Not much happening in Naples this time of year just hot. travel early starts raining around noon or earliy afternoon. Key west is always a wild time. Have fun and ride safe

Go the speed limit through the Keys - it won't take you long to figure out why. Mallory Square at sunset is a big draw. The Green Parrot Bar is a great for a beer. Blue Heaven and Southernmost Beach Cafe are good places to eat, and will get you away from the tourists. There's a lot to do - enjoy the ride!

Dr. Dolitte and some others are going down there in October. I live in Florida but admittedly have only been to Key West one time in my whole life, and that was many years ago. If I ever go back again I want to see Hemingway's place, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Cafe. And some other bars my friend has told me about. He and his wife go every year down there.

You will have a great time no matter where or what you do down there.

Like Shaker said, Mallory square at sundown. Touristy and crowded, but it's a LOT of fun. Of course you should have your pictures taken at the "Southern most point in the USA" buoy just up Duval street. If you are really adventurous, try drinking yourself up one side of Duval, and back down the other. :laugh
Key West is fun, and laid back, but they DO ENFORCE the law for people that don't respect the town.

Only been there once - I agree with Breeze3at. We stayed at the south end of Duval St and walked to Mallory Square every night. I think its about a mile - had a great time. The trolly tour was good - if they still have it. Beware of people offering to take pictures (especially if they have an animial with them) and people on scooters ;-)

good time to go, not many tourist now, ya have to do the Duvual Crawl, check out the side street bars, lots of fun. I like to talk to the locals and find out where the good deals are.

It is now Off season, Hotel prices will be cheaper. Bring sun screen, you will need it. Mallory Square The sun set celebration is a must. Obey the speed limits they are strict, Watch out for Key Deer, you must slow down on Big Pine Key, Enjoy your trip:D

I second the Green Parrot. It's a great local bar (and I don't even drink) especially if you like blues music...remember no sniveling! You can check out the live cam on the weekends. Catch some live music. Just google Green Parrot Live Cam.

Also, need to have a Sloppy Joe at Sloppy Joe's Bar. Old Hemingway hangout.

I bought a shirt at the Hogs Breath, fell apart after wearing it once. It was a nice looking shirt. Power of the internet
ken

Back