free website stats program Key West | Harley Davidson Forums

Key West

J

Jack Klarich

The Inn At Key West, 3420 North Roosevelt Blvd, Key West Florida 33040 305-294-5541 Very nice place Check it out, Capital Jack:D:D:D

Man! We love Key West. Had been going every year but life has kept us away the last couple. Lot's of Key West threads lately. Got to get back there next year.

Man! We love Key West. Had been going every year but life has kept us away the last couple. Lot's of Key West threads lately. Got to get back there next year.

Ditto! Absolutely the best road trip I had ever taken....simply can't wait to do it again! Way to go Jack (love their stogies also!).

I had the absolute BEST picture ever in KW, EXCEPT for this slight problem....No memory card in the camera.

Long story short, I took the card out to download the pix, my husband took the camera back to the truck, but even though it is his camera, he had no idea what the card looked like & didn't notice it in the card reader. :( So, basically for 3 days, all the great shots we got, well, we didn't get.

We were on the bikes in KW on a Thursday I think, not terribly busy. So we ride to the southern most marker and come up with this plan. I have always kept a bit of a journal on some of my vacations, so he tells me to ride around and come in from the other direction. He is parked on the street & tells everyone that we are writing a little story for a magazine on the Keys and he would like to get a picture of me on the bike at the marker. There were maybe 6 to 8 people there and everyone was very nice and stepped back out of the way for him to snap a couple of pictures. I ride back around and meet up with him and we ride off. We stopped all over and took tons of great pictures.

So I'm pretty excited about the picture of me at the marker, so we get back to Marathon & the first thing I want to do is download the pictures. You can only imagine the look on my face when I opened the cover. :34: I'm asking him if there is ANY memory at all in the camera, (built in). Well, the camera is probably 8 years old or so, one of the first digital SLR's, so there is no memory....I was crushed. We now have a 4 gig & an 8 gig compact flash card so when one comes out, the other goes in. I will never have that happen to me again. (We did get a few shots with my pocket camera, but not at the marker).

Look below & you will see my picture.
:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

Not nearly as sorry as I was. :) We had a great trip regardless, and for some reason, that is just another story for us. :s

Not nearly as sorry as I was. :) We had a great trip regardless, and for some reason, that is just another story for us. :s

Your making me feel guilty, have you been talking to my wife LOL, the place we stayed is in post#1 I think you would like it, the path to the hot tub has banana trees lining it , I think I can post some pics, Capital Jack:D

LOL, don't feel bad Jack. I should have put the card back in the camera when I was done with it.....I just didn't expect him to gather the camera and load the next day, I usually take care of the gadgets. :D I will check out the place you stayed, you never know when we will plan a vacation. :)

Back