free website stats program Key Fob | Harley Davidson Forums

Key Fob

First off its just too dang big (the key fob) and secondly its probably just something else to leave me sittin' one day. I never seem to have it handy when I just need to move my bike to get at other stuff in my over crowded garage.

If you can keep up with the key the fob should be no problem. :60:
I personally have seen to many problems with HD alarms to ever trust one. :shock

I have the smart fob with mine and I have it on a belt clip that goes on my belt loop. I had the same problem with the fob being upstairs when I moved the bike, then the mad dash began when the alarm triggered. Now I put a hook right inside the basement coming in from the garage and that is the storage place for this belt clip with all the keys that are associated with the bike, like the rotor lock, ignition lock, and the key fob. Always handy just in case. As long as it is about 6-8 feet away from the bike , you are OK then.

I have the smart fob with mine and I have it on a belt clip that goes on my belt loop. I had the same problem with the fob being upstairs when I moved the bike, then the mad dash began when the alarm triggered. Now I put a hook right inside the basement coming in from the garage and that is the storage place for this belt clip with all the keys that are associated with the bike, like the rotor lock, ignition lock, and the key fob. Always handy just in case. As long as it is about 6-8 feet away from the bike , you are OK then.

Same clip I carry my keys on.

you can put your alarm in transport/storage mode so you can move it with out the alarm going off. to do that all you have to do is when you shut off your bike turn the ignition to accessory and press both turn signal buttons. your blinkers will flash once then let go and shut off your bike. then your blinkers will flash 3 times to indicate that it's in transport/storage mode.
when thats set you can move your bike all you want with out the alarm going off. to get out of that mode all you have to do is turn the ignition switch on.

First off its just too dang big (the key fob) and secondly its probably just something else to leave me sittin' one day. I never seem to have it handy when I just need to move my bike to get at other stuff in my over crowded garage.

I guess if you were dead set on removing system, wouldn't it be easier to just leave fob in your saddlebag. System would be a mute point and you wouldn't have to go through laborious task of removal. I wouldn't reccomend it, though.

Back