free website stats program key fob problems | Harley Davidson Forums

key fob problems

NickS

Here's my situation. The battery was on its last leg all last fall. I took it out before winter and put it on the tender with hopes of bringing it back. Long story short i ordered the new battery. This past saturday I got it hooked up. Started right up no problems. Closed up shop and took the keys inside with me. The next morning went out and was wiring my fairing. Turned the key on and noticed the KEY on the dashboard wasnt going off and the START button wasn't working. Double checked to make sure I did have the key on me...sure did. So flipped the Ignition a few times with no prevail. I ended up taking the battery NEG off, counted to 20, hooked back up...turned ignition on...KEY went away....bike started. worked all day. Closed up shop...went in the next morning, guess what, KEY wont go off and START doesnt work. I am clueless on what is going on. Anybody have any idea? BTW...'07 Deluxe

You can try disarming with pin following instructions below and see if the fob's start working afterwards?

POWER DISRUPTION AND CONFIGURING
The HFSM will not enter PIN entry mode on the first attempt
after battery voltage has been removed from terminal 1. This
will occur after any of the following:

Battery disconnect or power drain.

Battery fuse removal.

Therefore, after all battery reconnects, the configuration sequence must be modified as follows:
1. Set OFF/RUN switch to OFF , cycle ignition/headlamp switch IGNITION-OFF-IGNITION-OFF-IGNITION and press left turn signal switch twice.
2. Repeat steps listed above.
3. Continue with PIN entry sequence listed

You can try disarming with pin following instructions below and see if the fob's start working afterwards?

POWER DISRUPTION AND CONFIGURING
The HFSM will not enter PIN entry mode on the first attempt
after battery voltage has been removed from terminal 1. This
will occur after any of the following:

Battery disconnect or power drain.

Battery fuse removal.

Therefore, after all battery reconnects, the configuration sequence must be modified as follows:
1. Set OFF/RUN switch to OFF , cycle ignition/headlamp switch IGNITION-OFF-IGNITION-OFF-IGNITION and press left turn signal switch twice.
2. Repeat steps listed above.
3. Continue with PIN entry sequence listed

Chopper, tried last night with no luck. I did see the pin entry mode but i do not know the original pin. Is there a way to reset this?

Try this,
newpin.jpg

Nick; The default pin is usually the last 5 (?) digits of your bikes serial number in reverse.
Sn 12345 = pin 54321. I also wrote a note in my owners manual "bike must be level to accept code". It did not work when on side stand.

Back