free website stats program Kendon Trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

Kendon Trailer

I have a Kendon single bike trailer and an 09 EGC. According to the sticker on the ramp you should not ride the bike on the trailer. I don't know how many people it would take to push it on and there is the matter of balancing it going up the ramp. Anybody ever use one of those fold out wide ramps? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Ride it on. But put a 2x10 down on each side at a comfortable distance for your feet so you can idle up safely

An alternative is to have a full width fold down ramp fitted,this is the easiest way to load and unload

Good advice from Steve07,...Also don't ever ride your bike up the trailer without the trailer being hitched to your towing vehicle!!!...the trailer will flip up if you do this and you will be looking like Evil Enivel!!

I also have an EGC and I ride the bike up the ramp, but I have two people spot me and take off the saddle bags to minimize the weight I have to balance. This also gives my spotters a little extra room to operate as I ride up the ramp.

Good advice from Steve07,...Also don't ever ride your bike up the trailer without the trailer being hitched to your towing vehicle!!!...the trailer will flip up if you do this and you will be looking like Evil Enivel!!

Do you have any video of yourself doing this? Oops, I meant of your friend doing this! :p

As one who has a Single Kendon trailer, I do not and would not ride my bike onto the trailer. With one person helping, as low as the trailer is, it only takes a minute to push the bike on, without taking anything off the bike. The hardest part is getting the front wheel over the wheel lock.

It's for sure you're not going to ride it off the trailer, so why ride it on? Loading the bike using any other than the recommended procedures is just asking for trouble.
:USA

It's my belief that a lot of "recommended procedures" are from a company's legal department & have little or nothing to do with common sense or real safety. If the trailer is firmly secured to the tow vehicle & you have provided a place to put your feet (outriggers) why not ride it onto the trailer?

It's my belief that a lot of "recommended procedures" are from a company's legal department & have little or nothing to do with common sense or real safety. If the trailer is firmly secured to the tow vehicle & you have provided a place to put your feet (outriggers) why not ride it onto the trailer?

Tell that to the guy who has a couple of pretty bad second degree exhaust burns on his legs trying to drive onto his Kendon.

A Kendon trailer is not designed to drive on. Pushing the bike on, with help, is much safer for you and your bike. Again, you're not going to drive the thing off, so why drive it on.

Trying to drive a 900 lb bike onto it could result in more serious injuries than burns.

There is a procedure for loading a Kendon trailer and I don't feel the need to be Mr Ford. "Mr Ford," you know the guy who always has a better idea.
:USA

Back