kendall good or bad?

Discussion in 'Oil' started by softail00, Jul 25, 2009.

1. softail00

softail00 Active Member

I asked the guy who built the bike what type of oil he always ran in it he said he always uses kendall racing oil. Is this a common type of oil to run in a bike that is a normal or everyday driver in slow traffic or long rides?

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

i would pass

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Pass too even thou Kendall is a decent oil, the racing oil is formulated differently than the other lines and should be used for racing only.

4. krikket

krikket Active Member

Smitty and everyone is right. Although Kendall is a very good motor oil for cars, it shouldn't be used for motorcycles. In fact, HD recommends that if you need to add oil and don't have motorcycle oil handy, you can use oil rated for diesel engines which Kendall does make.

5. pawpaw01

pawpaw01 Member

I also would not use the Kendall or any other automotive type oil in my bike. I would and do use only Mobil 1 V-twin 20-50. It is a very good full synthetic motorcycle oil. There are many other fine motorcycle grade oils available, and everyone has their own opinion, you should really check around on this site for trustworthy advise & knowledge before choosing the oil you need to use. Ride safe...