free website stats program keeps blowing headlight fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

keeps blowing headlight fuse

revok1200

I know I have a short, but don't know why or where should be the first place to check.

It is an 06 RG, all lights work just fine until I turn on the high beams, then it blows the fuse.

Has anyone else had this problem and where did you find your problem. I hate elec. problems and any advice on where there may be repetitive problems would be welcome.

Have done NO elec. work at all, and today had a new rear tire put on, doubt it has anything to do with it.

You and I have the same problem exzactly, I took my 2000 ultra classic to dealer for fairing bushings or brackets and now when I hit the high beam the lights are gone. Going back Friday morning.

Check around the frame neck area & even where the cable assembly goes into the headlight. It might also be something as simple as a bad bulb... if the filiment has shorted making it shorter between post ...too much current and boom there goes the fuse. Let us know what you find.

This may sound silly but check the fuse to make sure it is the right size.It happened to me ,someone put in a 15 instead of 20 took a while to discover because it was to simple.wasn't for headlite but same thing.

Back