free website stats program Keeping passing lamps while on high beam | Harley Davidson Forums

Keeping passing lamps while on high beam

maugusta1

2003 Ultra Classic.......Is it possible to keep passing lights constantly on when headlight is on high beam? I would like to ride with high beams and driving lights...have service manual to assist in work if possible.....So many riders on the forum have tremendous ideas and suggestions I might not think of............THANK YOU

In some states, such as here in Maine, it is illegal. Check your laws. If it is not prohibited, there are mods that can be done to enable it. I believe HD even makes an adapter for the wiring. I'm sure some of the mechanical guys here will chime in and point you in the right direction.

I agree with you and can see no logic behind outlawing it. However, I get paid to enforce the laws here, not write them or agree with them. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

joe

when I added spot lights to my softail I used and on-off-on switch instead of the typical on-off switch, mounted it in the typical location, and in the down position it functions as normal, with the spots going out when the high beam is switched on as the law requires in my state (Delaware). the center position is off, and in the up position the spots stay on with the high beams. Cant remember for sure where I pulled the power from in the up, or as I call it, the over ride position, It was either a blue wire(lighting circut) or from the accessory (orange/white) circut. It was a little extra work but well worth it IMO as I feel I have the best of both worlds, I can conform with the law when need be, but more importantly I can put more light on those dark back roads when I need to.

Back