free website stats program keeping hands warm during winter riding | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

keeping hands warm during winter riding

My fingers get cold if I do not wear heated gloves when the temperature drops into the 40's. Gets pretty miserable after about a half hour. Use the gloves and I can keep my fingers warm, can even make my hands sweat at 30 degrees if I crank them up all the way. Definately worth the cost and effort.

For really cold days try surgeon gloves under good quality Thinsulates worked good for me when I chose to ride the winters in Minnesota

I'm thinking about going to the heated gloves rather than the heated grips as well. Thanks to all for the information.

thanks, glider. Gerbings G3 it is. I also like the fact that I can wear them when I am not riding. The other more expensive ones do look like biker's. I also read that the leather is soft enough you can write with the gloves on.

I bought my bike with heated grips already installed and love them. A decent pair of ski gloves and I'm good to go. Thinking about having Mean City add seat heaters when I send the seat to them this winter.

I'm thinking about going to the heated gloves rather than the heated grips as well. Thanks to all for the information.

Gloves are definitely the way to go over heated grips. The grips keep your palms warm, but the wind blowing across the tops of your fingers can make them really cold. Heated gloves solve that problem nicely.

For all of you who have used the Gerbing products. Are you all using the hardwired type or has anyone tried the battery style?

Hardwired to the bike with a plug. The plug is to the rear of the air cleaner cover under the seat. It's mounted to a bracket that is fastened to the pan of the frame.

RK13jack.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I both use the hardwire... the plug stick out from under the seat and just sit down and plug in.... In the summer I take the seat off and tuck the cord in secure and it does not show at all.. I do not ever take the the wires off the bike.

For all of you who have used the Gerbing products. Are you all using the hardwired type or has anyone tried the battery style?

I just wired in my Gerbing gloves last week. Used a spare harness for a Battery Tender. I cut the rings off the ends of the wires of both the spare harness and the harness for the gloves. Then soldered the two together. Now, I just plug into the Battery Tender harness that's connected to the battery. Took me about 30 minutes.

Back