free website stats program Keeping ears warm question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Keeping ears warm question

I use the type of earmuffs that go around the back of the head. I put them on, then the helmet, and the helmet strap holds them in place. :small3d009: As was said before, a full face helmet is probably the best, but this works well also!

no cold ears with this baby

speedyron-albums-2006+flsti-picture7897-4293115288_0dea0f2038.jpg

speedyron-albums-2006+flsti-picture7896-bkgwqfgbmk_kgrhqqokiyesnl66dl_blwjpmn_w_12.jpg

speedyron, you will see much better after you remove the stickers on the shield too :30:

TripleJ is one of our resident H-D "eagle eye" posters. Just be happy Joy didn't look in on this one...LOL :newsmile011:

...the night-time temperatures are dropping into the high 40's and my ears are getting cold when I ride. How do you folks in colder climates keep your ears warm under your helmets when the temperature drops?

I don't know what style helmet you wear but if it is a 3/4 helmet, I found that taking some foam rubber, cutting it to fit the ear hole area of the helmet, and putting a gym sock around it, then velcro-ing it into the helmet works great. If you have speakers in the helmet, the foam can be cut out to accomodate the speakers.

I just bought a HJC CL-MAX II Modular helmet from LeatherUp for winter riding. This is the exact same helmet that Harley Davidson sells under P/N 98200-12VM for considerably more.

98200_12VM_M_280e4.jpg
131151_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

Like Jim, I have an HJC/H-D Carbon Fiber 1/2 helmet...for 90% of my riding (if cold my "It's a Wrap" leather fleece lined velcro triangle keeps ears and lower face/neck area nice and warm.

H-DCarbonHJCFacesheild-1-1.jpg

For the other 10% for extreme cold or wet (planned long trip) I wear a Shoei Elite RF-700 full face helmet.

Hahahaha. Funny enough most of the replies are from the "warm" states. Here in Canada we ride until the ducks are walking on the water (ice). I wear a short beanie style helmet. Even when my heated liner is on and sometimes even heated gloves but nothing over these big ears? Maybe its all the winters growing up as a kid but they don't bother me? I don't even own a full face helmet? Had them in the 70's but never did like the feel of riding with them. I have seen guys put the flaps down on helmets but most wear same helmets etc as they did in summer? I do know that the heated collar makes a huge difference up the back of my neck for keeping it warm? I guess we all feel the cold different?

:small3d034:

The nicest solution I have found is Turtle Fur Polartec Windbloc Frost Liner Beanies... REI has them in the website. Just Google turtle fur beanie and you'll find them. It is almost as thin as a bandana, but really keeps 'em warm. :)

Back