free website stats program Keeping ears warm question | Harley Davidson Forums

Keeping ears warm question

Jim B.

I admit that I'm spoiled by the moderate temperatures of the central coast of California. However, the night-time temperatures are dropping into the high 40's and my ears are getting cold when I ride. How do you folks in colder climates keep your ears warm under your helmets when the temperature drops? Thanks.

Tape some "Hot Hands" to them... :D

Actually I wear a full face helmet during Winter months, but my half helmet has some zip on/off ear protectors... They seem to work well when combined with a face shield. I'm always fighting the balaclava, slipping off my nose so I look like a red nosed Rudolph coming at you, but there again, I've never bought a good one.

Cozy Winters has some really good ones at a reasonable price...
cozyWinters: Balaclava - Facemask - Face Mask

A balaclava has worked for me for many years i usually put a stitch centre of the eye opening as it stops them getting all saggy around the face but i do end up looking like spider man but on occasions i use a head over pulled up enough to cover the cold bits

Brian

Go to one of the lg sporting good chains, or racing store & get one of those thin facemasks. We always wore them while snowmobiling in MN's extreme winter weather. I think DennisKirk sells some in their snowmobile store (online). Should work...good luck!

A balaclava has worked for me for many years i usually put a stitch centre of the eye opening as it stops them getting all saggy around the face but i do end up looking like spider man but on occasions i use a head over pulled up enough to cover the cold bits

Brian

With a stocking cap over the top for the dare I say cold mornings here in North Florida:s

For 20.00 harley sells a headband that has the ear area enlarged to cover the ears and lobes.

I wear this when it gets cold 30-40's and don't have an issue. It's cheap, made well and easy to store.

I just take a large bandana and fold it outside ends in so it is 4 to 5 inches wide, cover the forehead, over the ears and tie it tight at the back of my head. Works with my half helmet, no over tight problem. The knot is below the helmet.

Back