free website stats program keep blowing headlight fuse? | Harley Davidson Forums

keep blowing headlight fuse?

marcus22

hello to all,

I keep blowing my headlight fuse when i turn my high beams on. any ideas?

i have an 03 ultra. i just recently replaced the voltage regulator and stator, rebuilt the front forks (so i had the front faring off).

thanks,

marcus

it was at one point, but cant say for sure because I haven't rode the bike at night in a while. I would have to assume that it was. I an going to look at wires today and see if i can find a short.

Have you checked the wires at the headlight? Some times if the plug becomes a bit un done it creates a larger resistance on the light?

Im not on of the experts here but I would defiantly start looking for a wire that got pinched or grounding out also...I wish I could be more help.................Oh Jacks here..:)

I keep blowing my headlight fuse when i turn my high beams on. any ideas?

How long does it take for the fuse to blow. Does it blow as soon as you flip the switch to HI beam or does it take a few minutes for the fuse to blow.

thanks for all the quick responses! I thought it was a short and it was. took the faring off and found a pinched wire. put some liquid tape on it and made sure not to pinch it again. thanks again. now back to riding:D

Glad you found and repaired your problem. I have never heard of liquid tape, can you tell me how you use it and where you get it? Thanks, Don

Back