free website stats program K & N vs HD? | Harley Davidson Forums

K & N vs HD?

Sporty

Ok so I've been reading up on previous posts about using different oil filters. I am performing my first oil change on my 2008 Sportster XL883C. I had originally ordered a K&N filter but now am having second thoughts. I only want what is best for my bike. Which should I use?

I prefer the HD filters, they are MADE and specked for their engines, not a compromise and have the proper size filtering media. The K&N is a larger micron rating than the HD filters for openers.

I prefer the HD filters, they are MADE and specked for their engines, not a compromise and have the proper size filtering media. The K&N is a larger micron rating than the HD filters for openers.
I Have fitted a Golan oil filter on my 1998 dyna. It just need to be cleaned as soon as you want. Very fine part, not flow restrictive and money saver...The inside metal filter is very efficient.Easy to fit and clean.

HD Premium 5 Micron looks good IMO...:newsmile071:

HD Premium 5 Micron looks good IMO...:newsmile071:

It may look good , but may not be the best.

Stick with Glider's and Smitty's recommendation.

To many people are stuck on this Micron thing. Smaller Microns in a filter may harm your bike , unless your engine calls for a small micron filter.

Get the correct HD filter your ride and dont worry about micron size.

i agree with glider i bought the 5micron rated HD filter in the spring for my bike and was told the 5 micron rating for my bike was to restrictive so i only buy the proper filter recommended

Back