free website stats program K&N RK-3930 install | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N RK-3930 install

wv2wheel

I got my K&N kit yesterday ($158 off Amazon, got it in two days). I just finished installing it....took about 30 minutes plus a little. Who has the torque values for the breather bolts and the three in to the throttle body...cant be much...perhaps 150 inch pounds? One question I have for those who did this...does the breather tower seem not to snug up all the way to the bracket when tightened (I dont want to tighten it too far and twist the back plate or mess the throttle body up)? I know the O rings should at least snug and stop any leakage but just wondered about others experience installing this.

Phil

nobody has a service manual to know the torque on the backplate to throttle body or breather bolts to heads??? I would really appreciate it!

sorry i don't have it w/ me but i put a smidge of silicone on threads & snug down i hold ratchet 1/2 way up shaft i know not scientific..

Glider, thanks for the links! So anyone else with the K&N have any issue at all with the breather towers/posts snugging up to the cylinders? On mine I installed the bolts loosely then tightened down the throttle body screws then when tightening the breather bolts there was some clearance between the back plate "towers" and the head. I went ahead and snugged it down lightly and there are O rings there but it just seemed spooky to me. I took the unit off and reinstalled, same effect....

no bracket removal according to the instructions..you just remove the housing, install the new back plate, done...now I did not remove the gasket that was on the throttle body...

Back