free website stats program K&N Filters???? | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N Filters????

Apyle

How much difference does a K&N filter make in the way a regular old carbuerated bike runs? I've looked into them but I can't seem to bring myself to replace the foam stock filter with the more expensive K&N. I know what effect the K&N had on my truck but will it do the same to my bike?

The K&N in a stage 1 is worth a few HP and with the addition of the slip ons, you are looking at about 10-12 HP increase.

I put a k&n filter and vance&hines pipes on my deluxe, BIG difference. You were talking about your truck, I put a stage one equivilent on my "03 Silverado K&N filter and Flowmaster exhaust ..same thing BIG difference. You have to have both ,you have to have high air intake to have high performance , unrestricted exhaust by itself doesn't do anything but make more noise.

Is the K&N filter really all that expensive considering you'll probably never need to replace it?

True but I think since the one in the bike now is new I'll stick with it. When you talk about screaming eagle you mean $$$. That is something I really don't have at the moment. When it comes to replacement time I will consider it. I was looking at the high flow kit that k&N puts out for the after market. I can buy that right through work.

Yes, the K&N does make a difference over the Screamin' Eagle paper filter that comes with the Stage I kit. Found throttle responsiveness improved, but not sure about HP since have not jumped on a dyno.

You mention a foam filter and not familiar with that setup on a Stage I Kit though.

Best price I have seen on the K&N Screamin Eagle Stage I Air Filter Element, HD-0800 is $42.50 plus $6.60 postage in USA. Got it real quick too! See RepublicCycle.com .

Yes, the K&N does make a difference over the Screamin' Eagle paper filter that comes with the Stage I kit. Found throttle responsiveness improved, but not sure about HP since have not jumped on a dyno.

You mention a foam filter and not familiar with that setup on a Stage I Kit though.

Best price I have seen on the K&N Screamin Eagle Stage I Air Filter Element, HD-0800 is $42.50 plus $6.60 postage in USA. Got it real quick too! See RepublicCycle.com .

You'll find that same price in the local NAPA or Autozone stores without the shipping too, but you have to give then the HD 0800 number for reference.

Mine is bone stock. No screaming eagle kits or anything like that. The stock air filter is an oiled foam type.

Back