free website stats program K&N Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N Filter

5Pack

I have been reading some of the diff topics on Stage 1 and noticed that my '01 FLHTCI was not listed in the self-help K&N upgrade (maybe it is and i overlooked it).
Anyways, I went to the K&N site and found a replacement filter part #HD-8899. the picture and their descrption looks like this filter drops into my stock cover without changing backplate, which means that incoming air still comes from the same small opening in the front edge of stock cover. Will replacing with this filter be worth the bother of replacing the stock HD filter I just bought and installed two months ago?

not really it will flow slighty more than the stock HD filter but thats it .. now if your not looking for the stage 1 it fine as you can clean and reuse it

but if you want a stage 1 got to get the set up with the better flowing filter and backing plate

I found the corect application and part number.
What is diff about the 99-'01 FLHT EFI that it has a diff part number?

I have been reading some of the diff topics on Stage 1 and noticed that my '01 FLHTCI was not listed in the self-help K&N upgrade (maybe it is and i overlooked it).
Anyways, I went to the K&N site and found a replacement filter part #HD-8899. the picture and their descrption looks like this filter drops into my stock cover without changing backplate, which means that incoming air still comes from the same small opening in the front edge of stock cover. Will replacing with this filter be worth the bother of replacing the stock HD filter I just bought and installed two months ago?

my stock filter was worn out so i priced the replacement at HD and then the K&N stock replacement decided the K&N pays for itself after three service intervals so i went for it with no expectation of increased performance so was surprised to experience a little better low end throttle response combined with some audible intake resonance. the rest of my ride is stock but am considering a TFI for some control of mixture to prevent overheating.

Morelli verses Delphi fuel injection :D

which one do i have, and is one better than the other?

my stock filter was worn out so i priced the replacement at HD and then the K&N stock replacement decided the K&N pays for itself after three service intervals so i went for it with no expectation of increased performance so was surprised to experience a little better low end throttle response combined with some audible intake resonance. the rest of my ride is stock but am considering a TFI for some control of mixture to prevent overheating.

thanks for the input; i'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
which one do i have, and is one better than the other?

thanks for the input; i'll give it a try.

On yours it should be the Morelli. Look at the intake and see if you have two throats verses one on the Delphi. Delphi is an upgraded over the Morelli.

What does one gain by changing from a stock air filter if the rpm's of over 3500 don't come into your riding style?

Are we just talking about high rev riders, if so what's the reason for the high revs over torque?

These are powerful 4 stroke bikes with low rpm torque.

Most of my riding rpm's are between 2200 and 3200.

I maybe old but I'm happy with my stock bike.

Al

:USA

:CONNECTICUT

What does one gain by changing from a stock air filter if the rpm's of over 3500 don't come into your riding style?

Are we just talking about high rev riders, if so what's the reason for the high revs over torque?

These are powerful 4 stroke bikes with low rpm torque.

Most of my riding rpm's are between 2200 and 3200.

I maybe old but I'm happy with my stock bike.

Al

:USA

:CONNECTICUT

I am finally putting some miles on my bike and I can tell you that with stage1,pipes and TFI its like a completely different scoot from the time you engage the clutch all the way through the RPM band,my only regret is that I didn't do it last year!:D

Back