free website stats program K&N air for 2010 UC | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N air for 2010 UC

67wizard

Boy the parts guy sure messed up today. I went 70 miles to town to the dealer to get a K&N air filter to replace my SE filter. Well he says they take the K&N HD-0800. Well he's WRONG I found out it takes the K&N HD-0818. Iam glad it was only the air filter. I guess it could have been much worse if it was some internal engine parts.

Definintely good practice to research the parts ahead of sched to ensure the #'s are correct...good on you. I always try to have the part #'s on hand b/c even though it's nice going for a ride to dealer - gets tiring when these trips are for more parts they should've included on the 1st visit. Also, back orders get frustrating - I've been waiting for a black sissy bar for a month & now it's pushed to mid-Jul. Oh well, I'll keep riding solo for a bit more, but my daughter's getting antsy.

Well I went back to the dealer this morning while it was cool and got the right air cleaneer. I told the sales guy what happened and he said you should of had me wait on you. I guess mistakes can happen but if I was leaving on a trip or something I would have been ____. Oh well its on and running. Happy ending.

I buy my K N filters from Advance Auto and get my Sears discount:s

i am thinkin of getting a k&n filter too for s/e backing plate so i shoud get h/d 0800 or h/d 0818 i have a 09 ultra..?? tx..

The 0800 is the one that replaces all others in the stage 1 units.

It's 6.26" at the base and 2.1" high.

The 0818 is 6" at the base and 2.3" high.

Read the numbers on ypur air filter then do a cross ref. to K&n
The numbers on my SE air filter were 29224-08 so I needed the
K&N HD-0818 filter

67,, well i will be piecing together my s/e set up ill use 29478-05a plate .ill measure plate w/ i get it in hand tx..

Back