free website stats program K&N Air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N Air filter

@HDDon did you notice any difference between the two?

The SE (blue) AC was pretty new and I'm sure it's a free flow type, so I may have a little more torque but not really noticable. I changed it out because I have a K&N on my softail and already had the oil and cleaner.

Side by side the new SE element and a new K&N oiled element will be very close to identical...but after a few washings and reoiling, the SE element will go "soft" (I have even seen some lose shape and collapse other strong intake vacuum...the K&N does not suffer from going "soft", you will see the quality and more robus design the first time you pull it out of the box. Stick with K&N, you will not be sorry. :s

Does anyone know where to get an air sock for this K&N air filter
IMG_0116.jpg

@Glider Thanks......

I bought the K&N filter and left the bell cover off. I can actually hear it pulling in air now. Would my bike need to be remapped at HD now? It already has a stage 1 mapping at least that is what I was told.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the K&N filter and left the bell cover off. I can actually hear it pulling in air now. Would my bike need to be remapped at HD now? It already has a stage 1 mapping at least that is what I was told.

It is sucking a bit more air now it would not hurt for peace of mind if you plan on running it this way:s

Back