free website stats program k-n air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

k-n air filter

kojax

i have a 2009 low rider should i keep the stock air filter or get a k-n air filter will it help or i am just wasting money lol thank you people KEEP RIDING

i have a 2009 low rider should i keep the stock air filter or get a k-n air filter will it help or i am just wasting money lol thank you people KEEP RIDING

I would go with the stage 1 with the K&N filter over replacing the filter with a K&N in the stock housing. There's little to gain just replacing the stock filter with the k&N in the stock housing as far as flow.

here,s an old school trick get your k&n filter and while you have your filter housing off drill 4 3/4 holes in the bottom ti works,jel

do it dude but dont forge to have the thing mapped in for the motor. I have a 04 LR and it gave me more horses and better response

i have a stage 1 SE cleaner, but the filter element now has become awfully dirty, it's an hd & just found out that the new hd filter element in shop now is not rechargeable like k&n's.

going to buy the k&n air filter for my 04 FXDX (w/ stock cleaner cover). any one know the part number? i'm not sure if hd-1499 is the rite one, found several part number that got me confused...like 2946199 (cross referenced) and theres other number like hd 0800 Screamin' Eagle Part Numbers
29442-99A, 29442-99B, 29442-99C & 29442-99D

thanks!

Last edited:
i got the stock replacement for my stock flht purely for the fact that i don't have to buy another filter, ever.

i have a stage 1 SE cleaner, but the filter element now has become awfully dirty, it's an hd & just found out that the new hd filter element in shop now is not rechargeable like k&n's.

going to buy the k&n air filter for my 04 FXDX (w/ stock cleaner cover). any one know the part number? i'm not sure if hd-1499 is the rite one, found several part number that got me confused...like 2946199 (cross referenced) and theres other number like hd 0800 Screamin' Eagle Part Numbers
29442-99A, 29442-99B, 29442-99C & 29442-99D

thanks!

anyone please?

here,s an old school trick get your k&n filter and while you have your filter housing off drill 4 3/4 holes in the bottom ti works,jel

I am trying to picture what you are saying here Jel. Could you explain for us rather slow ones what you are talking about and the benefits?

Thanks

Cowboy

Back